We are hiring!!
Position: Operations and Marketing Manager – full-time position
Run Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
About Run Africa: Run Africa is an Ethiopian running tourism company and social enterprise. We offer tailored high altitude running, fitness and adventure to all levels of outdoor enthusiast among both international visitors and residents of Addis Ababa and beyond, allowing them to experience and learn the tools and techniques that have seen Ethiopia dominate athletics.
Overall Job Purpose: to manage all aspects of Run Africa’s day-to-day operations and logistics, providing excellent customer service as well as uphold sales and growing the Run Africa brand in athletics, hiking and teambuilding.
Nature of the Job: Please note that this is a full-time position.
Operations and Marketing Manager at Run Africa: Responsible for promoting Run Africa in relevant communities in Ethiopia and abroad. Manages the full customer experience from the first contact moment through the actual period of the service until relevant follow-up communication after the service is rendered. Tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with clients and ensure their satisfaction.
- Managing all logistics to ensure that clients’ demands and expectations are met, including the full roster of athlete trainers and their individual client’s training programmes.
- Facilitating the payment process for customers.
- Assessing clients’ ability, monitoring their sporting performance and enjoyment and encouraging them to join Run Africa AC training sessions when appropriate.
- Cooperating with Run Africa’s Training and Quality Advisor to ensure that content for client’s customised training programme is secured in time.
- Collecting feedback from athlete trainers after every run, and from clients periodically.
- Ensuring that every training session is covered – in rare cases when a scheduled trainer suddenly becomes unavailable.
- Assisting in the recruitment and orientation of new athlete trainers.
- Planning and deliver training workshops in a relevant skill (such as English language, personal goal setting, organisation) to Run Africa AC athletes and trainers.
- Promoting Run Africa online and in print (in brochures and newspapers) and through marketing.
- Liaising and building relationships with partner institutions such as hotels, tour companies, NGOs and embassies.
- Generating and compiling innovative media content which promotes Run Africa.
- Networking for Run Africa online, including searching for travel clubs, overseas athletics clubs to add to our newsletter and marketing lists.
- Leading Run Africa’s marketing outreach.
- Overseeing and working closely with volunteers and / or interns.
- Liaise with the RAAC for recruiting athlete trainers and guides
- College degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum experience of 3 years of recent and successful marketing and sales experience in similar positions in the outdoor fitness, adventure travel or ecotourism field. Group sales experience is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills, ideally with proficiency in InDesign and MS Windows-based applications such as Word and Excel.
- Experience with using social media for business.
- Solid writing and editing skills in English.
- Experience with upscale clientele, private clubs or travel agencies is a plus.
- Well organized, accurate with numbers and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated, self-starter, outgoing, goal and service oriented.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality with a high energy level.
- Nature and outdoor oriented (hiking, running, camping etc) is a plus.
- We encourage female candidates to apply for the position
- Ability to gain knowledge about the expanding (sports) travel industry.
- Salary, commissions and other benefits are negotiable. This is a results driven position for self-confident and experienced professionals.
The recruited employee is subject to a trial period of 45 days.
Please send your updated CV and cover letter to Ilse van Mierlo firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in copy no later than 15 April 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.