‘Whatever your level, if you are keen on having guided training
combined with a unique insight into Ethiopian running culture,
look no further.‘ – Harry (UK)
Are you based in Ethiopia? Interested in some regular training?
Our training blocks of 6, 8 or 12 sessions per programme are customised to suit your availability and weekly time schedule. They also incorporate any training content, specific race goals that you have and / or sessions with Run Africa AC (Tues-Thurs-Sat) and / or weekly group runs. It’s your choice. In other words, mix and match any of the combinations below.
Improve your fitness! Take a one-to-one customised training package.
- A customised programme of one-to-one training with a personal Run Africa trainer is tailored to fit your schedule, your aspirations and your ability.
- Build your fitness, improve running form and learn dynamic stretches and nutritional advice.
- Discover new training routes of varying altitude, terrain and gradient, rubbing shoulders with world-class athletes at the sites that have produced generations of Olympic champions.
Experience real Ethiopian athletics club training! Join Run Africa AC sessions on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday mornings.
- Run Africa AC is the only registered Ethiopian athletics club which offers integrated inclusion of non-professional athletes.
- Discover new routes while benefiting from authentic Ethiopian club training.
- You won’t be left behind! Your personal athlete trainer will accompany you and / or a club runner will be assigned to guide you through the club session.
- Meet the club on site or board the club bus.
Have fun! Join RAW (Run Africa Weekend), our group run-hike every Saturday at 7am.
We welcome all abilities, from novices to experienced runners: there is no expectation whatsoever of minimum experience or ability. ችግር የለም፦ Chiggir yillem, ishi?!
- Sociable, weekend morning jogging at a gentle pace, duration 45-60mins.
- Don’t want to run? Hikers and novices also catered for.
- Discover new routes, landscapes and running lore in and around Addis Ababa.
- Camaraderie is a powerful motivator! Meet other fitness enthusiasts.
- Learn dynamic stretches, exercises, tips and improved running form from the Run Africa elite athlete trainer, as well as from your fellow runners.
Remember that you can mix any combination of the individual, group and club training described above. Contact us and we’ll help you put together a programme to suit you.
Our pricing is structured so that the more sessions you book, the more economical it is for you.
|Number of sessions per programme||Weekend group run||Personalised guided training*||Sessions with Run Africa AC (Tue-Thu-Sat)*|
• All taxes;
• Nutrition and stretching advice and exercises;
• *Scheduled training with a Run Africa elite athlete trainer, customised to suit your availability, schedule, fitness level and aspirations.
Prices do not include:
• Transport – but this can be organised for you at additional cost;
• Health insurance;
• Meals or drinks.
• Duration and intensity of sessions are flexible to your adaptation and feeling.
• Our Ethiopia-based clients usually use their own vehicle, collecting the athlete trainer from a convenient location en route to each session.
• If you are keen to run between your scheduled sessions, please let us know. Gentle recovery runs can be very beneficial, but must be done with some patience and care so as to ensure that you are maximising recovery rather than risking fatigue or over training.
• Want massage? We’ll set you up with our experienced sports masseur, who charges very reasonable rates.
• By using Run Africa’s services you are contributing to our athletes’ future! Learn more on our social contribution page.
A memorable meeting for Melissa and Margot.
‘I really appreciated your flexibility, good communication and punctuality so that I could fit
some running into an otherwise busy working week. I was also very grateful that you put together
a programme which allowed me to see several different training sites and to run on varied terrain.’
– Joanna (Australia / Switzerland)
‘Great running experience. Amazing people. Have learned a lot.’
– Felix, Germany